The Sticky Toffee Pudding has been a mainstay on the menu at Marben for the last few years and is now also available to bake at home from our market.
If you fancy trying it for yourself from scratch, Chef has broken his vow of secrecy and released the recipe for you to try.
Sticky Toffee Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce
For the Cake:
- 40g Unsalted Butter
- 60g Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 75g All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ⅛ tsp Ginger Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Espresso
- 75g Dates, Chopped
- 90ml Boiling Water
For the Butterscotch:
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- 70g Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp 35% Cream
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- To start with making the cake, soak the dates in the boiling water for around 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cream together the 60g brown sugar and 40g butter in a mixing bowl. Add the egg and combine.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add in the soaked dates and espresso and mix until all is incorporated.
- Grease a small tray approximately 4” x 6” or small cake tin and scrape the batter into it.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until when checked with a skewer, it comes out clean.
- In the meantime, start the butterscotch by taking a small saucepan and melting the 50g butter and 70g brown sugar over a medium heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the cream slowly and stir well until combined to a smooth sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the cake and let soak in for a few minutes.
- Serve and enjoy
Optional: add a scoop of ice cream or fresh whipped cream.